Cranberry Spiced Pears
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and ginger. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in pears and oranges; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until pears are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 203 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 5g fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 6, 2014
I added apples because I didn't have enough pears, delicious!
Nov 3, 2013
It is a permanent dish on my Thanksgiving menu.
Dec 30, 2011
Superb! Wonderful flavors, and beautiful presentation ... looks just like the picture! Will be a repeater recipe in this home.
Jan 8, 2010
My family loved this recipe and I made it twice already. We much prefer it as a light dessert and cold rather than a side dish and warm. The flavors of the spices are nicely balanced and it comes together so easily.
Jan 6, 2010
I had a Christmas brunch and this was a HUGE hit. I used canned mandarin oranges in place of the naval oranges. I will definitely be making this again and again.