Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 35 min.
- 4 pounds spareribs
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) beef gravy
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place in a Dutch oven or large kettle. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, gravy, marmalade, lemon juice and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10-15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in vinegar. Drain ribs; place with meat side up in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour 2-1/2 cups of sauce over ribs. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until meat is tender, basting every 5 minutes with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 755 calories, 43g fat (16g saturated fat), 173mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein.
Mar 24, 2013
Taste wonderful! I was missing a few pieces and made small changes to make it my own. I boiled the ribs in half a cup of apple cider vinegar for tangyness, and opted the vinegar out of the sauce. I also lacked marmalade, so I substituted it with 1/2 cup of orange juice with pulp. It is very delicious.
Nov 12, 2012
I have made these since 2010 and every time still they are awesome
Jul 5, 2010
I made these for our 4th of July cookout They were awesome and the first of the potluck cookout items to go. The only thing I did different was when simmering them I added garlic as I like it. Definitely will make these again
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.