This sorbet's sweet-tart taste is so refreshing after a hearty meal. My mother made a batch at least once a year, either for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2-1/4 cups water, divided
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups ginger ale, chilled
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup water; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring cranberries and remaining water to a boil. Reduce heat; cook until berries pop. Remove from the heat; press cranberries through a sieve or food mill, reserving juice. Discard pulp.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm juice, gelatin and sugar until dissolved. Cool to room temperature. Stir in ginger ale.
- Pour into a freezer-proof bowl; cover and place in the freezer until mixture is partially frozen. Beat with an electric mixer until light in color. Cover and freeze overnight.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 160 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Sadie's Cranberry Sherbet in Country Woman Christmas 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.