Cranberry Snack Cake
Recalls Vicki Raatz, a Waterloo, Wisconsin field editor, "I copied this delicious recipe from a radio call-in-show."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups cranberries, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in cranberries. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Lightly press into batter. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until cake tests done.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 322 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Snack Cake in Taste of Home December/January 1999
Jan 27, 2019
This cake turned out good. Went together easily and used up some cranberries I had in the freezer. The topping was good too.
Feb 2, 2010
Wonderful tasting and easy to mix up