- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 3-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups ginger ale
- 1-3/4 cups raspberry ginger ale or additional ginger ale
- In a large saucepan, cook the cranberries and 1-1/2 cups water over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Stir in raspberries.
- Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Strain and discard seeds, reserving juice. Pour the juice into a 2-qt. freezer-proof container; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over remaining water. let stand for 1 minute. Stir in sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin and sugar are dissolved. Add to berry juice. Stir in ginger ale; cover and freeze.
- To use frozen slush: Remove from the freezer 1 hour before serving. For each serving, combine 1 cup cranberry slush with 1/4 cup raspberry ginger ale in a glass; stir well. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Slush
"This delicious drink has become a holiday favorite. Tastes great served with raspberry or cranberry ginger ale!"