My tempting cranberry scones brighten up a holiday brunch or tea. The yummy orange butter served with them is hands-down irresistible. —Joan Hallford, Fort Worth, Texas
Recommended: 25 Starbucks Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- EGG WASH:
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ORANGE BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk eggs and cream until blended; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in cranberries.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 10 times. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. In a small bowl, whisk egg with water; brush over dough.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until golden brown. For orange butter, in a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients until blended. Serve with warm scones. Yield: 8 scones (1/2 cup orange butter).
Originally published as Cranberry Scones with Orange Butter in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p35