- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the cranberry sauce, sauerkraut, chili sauce and brown sugar. Stir in meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews forCranberry Sauerkraut Meatballs
"I usually double everything in this recipe except the sauerkraut (I use only 14 oz) and these meatballs have become a family favorite. So easy to make."
"Good and so easy."
"Very tasty. If you don't like sauerkraut, don't let it deter you from trying these, you'll forget sauerkraut is even in there."
"I've had this receipe for years. I make my own meatballs with ground turkey and it tastes great and a little healthier."
"This recipe is simple, yet a great combination of ingredients. I took these to my job for our Halloween potluck and they were a HUGE hit! Several people asked for the recipe. I didn?t change a thing to the recipe and there were no leftovers to bring home. Delish!"
"These are excellent. I knew when I read the recipe it would be a keeper and it is! I didn't change anything and they were a big hit."
"Since 'stringy' sauerkraut seems to be an issue, has anyone tried putting it through a food processor before adding to sauce to have the flavor without the strings?"
"need an "
"All those different flavors combine to make a great tasting dish!!"