"I created this recipe because I'm always watching my weight," notes Glenda Cameron of Landenberg, Pennsylvania. "These muffins are easy to make and have less fat and calories than many others. Occasionally, I'll substitute canned pumpkin for the cranberry sauce, which is also good!"
Recommended: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups All-Bran
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar*
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- In a bowl, combine cereal and milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Add egg substitute and oil; mix well. Combine the next five ingredients; stir into cereal mixture just until moistened. Fold in cranberry sauce. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cook 5 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Sauce Muffins in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p48
Reviews forCranberry Sauce Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2010
"Just the right amount of sweetness, and very moist for bran muffins."