Cranberry Salsa Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups hot cooked couscous
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until browned on both sides.
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa, cranberries, water, honey, garlic, cinnamon and cumin; mix well. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with couscous. Sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 428 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 589mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 8g fiber), 27g protein.
Dec 4, 2017
Good one and tastey too
Jan 13, 2012
I make something similar but with chicken broth instead of water and currants instead of cranberries. Its my husband's favorite meal!
Apr 1, 2011
Loved it. I did not have enough cranberry so I added dried raisins and dried blueberries. Made the couscous w/ chicken stock and it was delish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.