- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups hot cooked couscous
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until browned on both sides.
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa, cranberries, water, honey, garlic, cinnamon and cumin; mix well. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with couscous. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Salsa Chicken
"Good one and tastey too"
"I make something similar but with chicken broth instead of water and currants instead of cranberries. Its my husband's favorite meal!"
"Loved it. I did not have enough cranberry so I added dried raisins and dried blueberries. Made the couscous w/ chicken stock and it was delish."