Cranberry Romaine Salad with Raspberry Vinairgrette
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries or fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Just before serving, drizzle 1/4 cup dressing over salad; toss to coat. Serve with remaining dressing.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Feb 2, 2016
This salad has a wonderful flavor! I omitted the onion since they do not "agree" with my husband and used fresh pomegranate seeds. I also used a raspberry balsamic vinegar, which gave the dressing a little bolder flavor. We really enjoyed this and I will definitely be making it again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.