Cranberry Roasted Squash
I created this recipe one day when I wanted a warm, fragrant side dish. The aroma of the squash and cranberries cooking in the oven is just as heavenly as the taste itself. —Jamillah Almutawakil, Superior, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 medium butternut squash (5 to 6 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium acorn squash (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to two 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Roast until tender, stirring and rotating pans halfway through cooking, 45-55 minutes.