Cranberry Rice Pilaf Recipe
This deliciously different pilaf gets its festive color from tart cranberries, while brown rice provides wholesome flavor. It's excellent alongside poultry.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a saucepan, bring the broth, orange juice and sugar to a boil. Stir in the rice, cranberries and butter. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 217 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Rice Pilaf
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC