Cranberry Rice Dessert
I make this simple dessert using leftover rice from another meal. I also enjoy it as a snack.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- In a bowl, combine the cranberries, orange juice, honey, butter, salt and cinnamon. Stir in the rice. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2 cup microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through. Stir mixture before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 277 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Rice Dessert in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.