Cranberry Ribbon Loaf Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 6 slices angel food cake (1/2 inch thick)
- 1. Line the bottom and sides of a 9x5-in. loaf pan with heavy-duty foil; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and salt until smooth. Stir in cranberry sauce. Fold in the whipped cream.
- 2. Spread a third of the mixture in prepared pan; top with three cake slices (cut cake if needed to fit). Repeat layers. Top with remaining cranberry mixture. Cover and freeze.
- 3. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Use foil to remove loaf from pan; discard foil. Cut into slices. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 300 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Ribbon Loaf
"My family loves cranberries. I made this a few years ago and lost the recipe. I took it to our family Thanksgiving. Let's just say I didn't make enough to go around:) I will be making it again this year! Glad I found the recipe again!"
"This sounds yummy but loaded with fat. Would it be possible to use low fat cream cheese and substitute lite whipped topping for the heavy cream?"