Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 medium pears, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 94 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Nov 28, 2013
Fantastic recipe! I 'm not a huge fan of turkey...and this has me so excited to eat it now. I took the suggestion and used canned pears (added at end of cooking time). Good stuff!
Nov 24, 2011
Delicious twist on the traditional sauce!Really likethis recipe!
Dec 7, 2010
I made this for Thanksgiving and had several requests to make it again for Christmas. It was very simple, but very delicious. The pears are a great complement to the cranberries. I'm sure this will become a family staple recipe.
Nov 24, 2010
I found this recipe several years ago and it has become a family and friend favorite. I'm requested to make it every year for thanksgiving.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.