Cranberry Relish Salad
SO MUCH time and effort went into preparing meals for our large family that it was a real bonus to find a recipe with a shortcut. This salad was one of them. The dish became part of a special meal our family enjoyed during the holidays. I recall lots of second helpings being requested, but not many leftovers. -Rosemary Talcott, Worthington, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (12 ounces) lemon-lime soda
- 1 can (8 ounce) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cranberry-orange sauce
- In a large bowl, dissolve the gelatins and sugar in boiling water. Add the soda, pineapple and cranberry-orange sauce; chill until partially set. Pour into individual dishes or an 11x7-in. dish. Refrigerate overnight or until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 133 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Relish Salad in Reminisce November/December 1997