Cranberry Raisin Relish
I'm not what you'd call an "expert" cook, but even I can make this! The fruit-filled relish is a colorful-tongue tingling addition to Christmas dinner.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and orange juice; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the cranberries, apricots, raisins and orange peel; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
Originally published as Cranberry Relish in Country Woman Christmas 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.