Cranberry Pumpkin Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 1/2 dozen
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Combine the all-purpose flour, oats, whole wheat flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and allspice; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in cranberries.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 284 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 20, 2015
I made heaping tablespoons rather than the 1/4 cup size. I baked for 20 minutes and they came out beautifully.
Aug 30, 2013
I needed something homemade to send my brother for his Birthday, and these were perfect. They were moist, chewy, and delicious. Instead of cranberries, I used mini chocolate chips. There are a lot of spices to measure, but it is worth the time!
Nov 27, 2011
these cookies are DELICIOUS! I made a double batch and they were gone in 1 day. (granted that day was thanksgiving; but still!)
Feb 15, 2010
These cookies were tasty, moist, and soft. Really great!
Mar 2, 2009
I just made these cookies and they are fabulous. More cake-like than cookie but I like them!Says it makes 1/2 dozen and to use a 1/4 cup size of dough. WHOA those must be the size of my head. I used a generous heaping spoonful of dough and got about 16 cookies out of it. They are 2 in across and thick (cake like texture). A normal size cookie. YUM!
Sep 12, 2008
bake for 15 min (use big scoop)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.