Cranberry Pumpkin Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 1/2 dozen
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Combine the all-purpose flour, oats, whole wheat flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and allspice; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in cranberries.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 284 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 20, 2015
I made heaping tablespoons rather than the 1/4 cup size. I baked for 20 minutes and they came out beautifully.
Aug 30, 2013
I needed something homemade to send my brother for his Birthday, and these were perfect. They were moist, chewy, and delicious. Instead of cranberries, I used mini chocolate chips. There are a lot of spices to measure, but it is worth the time!
Nov 27, 2011
these cookies are DELICIOUS! I made a double batch and they were gone in 1 day. (granted that day was thanksgiving; but still!)
Feb 15, 2010
These cookies were tasty, moist, and soft. Really great!
Mar 2, 2009
I just made these cookies and they are fabulous. More cake-like than cookie but I like them!Says it makes 1/2 dozen and to use a 1/4 cup size of dough. WHOA those must be the size of my head. I used a generous heaping spoonful of dough and got about 16 cookies out of it. They are 2 in across and thick (cake like texture). A normal size cookie. YUM!
Sep 12, 2008
bake for 15 min (use big scoop)