Cranberry Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- 2. Spoon into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice: 197 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
"Love the tartness of the cranberries and the crunch of the nuts. I made it in four smaller loaf pans to I can share and freeze."
"Just made this and it is very very good! Only change I made was to use coconut oil instead of canola. The tartness of the cranberries work so well. Can't wait for the rest of the family to try it out as I think they will love it, too."
"Awesome! Will definitely make again."
"I made it in the little muffin tins and added chocolate chips. I got such raves"
"This is the best pumpkin bread I have ever tasted. I have made this numerous times. My husband and kids love it. I have used dried cranberries when I could not get fresh but it was not as good as fresh. Now I stock up on cranberries around Thanksgiving and freeze them so I can make this recipe year round."
"Best pumpkin bread ever, and the fresh cranberries add a nice tartness. Can't wait to make again."