Cranberry-Pumpkin Bread Pudding
For fans of pumpkin and bread pudding, this sensible recipe is a marriage made in Heaven. It's perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert with a dollop of yogurt—autumn comfort food at its best! —Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
Makes9 servings (1-1/3 cups sauce)
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 5 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, 1 cup pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla and pie spice. Stir in bread cubes and cranberries.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 10-15 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine ice cream topping and remaining pumpkin. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Stir in walnuts. Serve with pudding.