- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Spoon into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews forCranberry Pumpkin Bread
"Love the tartness of the cranberries and the crunch of the nuts. I made it in four smaller loaf pans to I can share and freeze."
"Just made this and it is very very good! Only change I made was to use coconut oil instead of canola. The tartness of the cranberries work so well. Can't wait for the rest of the family to try it out as I think they will love it, too."
"Awesome! Will definitely make again."
"I made it in the little muffin tins and added chocolate chips. I got such raves"
"This is the best pumpkin bread I have ever tasted. I have made this numerous times. My husband and kids love it. I have used dried cranberries when I could not get fresh but it was not as good as fresh. Now I stock up on cranberries around Thanksgiving and freeze them so I can make this recipe year round."
"Best pumpkin bread ever, and the fresh cranberries add a nice tartness. Can't wait to make again."