Cranberry Pudding Recipe
This recipe was given to me years ago by my Aunt Lena, who lived on Cape Cod where cranberries are grown. The combination of warm tart cranberries and a smooth sweet brown sugar sauce is the perfect ending to any holiday meal!
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- BROWN SUGAR SAUCE:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in cranberries. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine sugar, flour and salt in a saucepan. Add water and stir until smooth. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 3 minutes more. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool slightly; serve over warm pudding. Refrigerate leftover sauce. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 262 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Pudding
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC