These salty and sweet delights are perfect for cookie exchanges. I use cream cheese to make the cookies extra rich. —Meg Bagley, Logan, Utah
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely crushed pretzels (about 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in pretzels, cranberries and baking chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 11-14 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Pretzel Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p75