Cranberry & Port Wine Chutney
Sweet-tart cranberry chutney complements roasted chicken, pork and duck. I also spread it on cold sandwiches showcasing leftover holiday turkey.—Kristen Weyant, York, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup port wine or cranberry juice
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve warm or cover and refrigerate until chilled. Refrigerate leftovers.
To Make Ahead: Chutney can be made a week in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 121 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Port Chutney in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.