Cranberry-Port Fudge Brownies Recipe
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup tawny port wine
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in flour and salt just until blended.
- 2. In a another small saucepan, combine cranberries and wine. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook until liquid is reduced to a thin syrupy consistency (about 3 minutes). Stir into batter.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16 servings.
1 each: 212 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry-Port Fudge Brownies
"My favorite brownie recipe by far! Has a very sophisticated taste; not your kids brownie, an adult brownie! You definitely want to let the brownies cool completely, maybe even pop them into the fridge before cutting. After that they are a very fudgy, solid, brownie. If you don't let them cool and set they will fall apart. But the taste is delicious and unmatched!"
"Wow, these were REALLY fudgy...bordering on mushy. Even though the toothpick came out clean, the finished product seemed under baked. I kept the crust around the edges and threw the rest away."