Cranberry Pork Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- In a bowl, toss lime juice with apples; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork in 1 tablespoon oil. Remove and keep warm. Saute jalapenos, onion and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Add the cranberries, water chestnuts, apple juice, brown sugar, cumin, lime zest, salt, pepper and apples. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Return pork to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and cook until fruit is tender and meat juices run clear. Garnish with green onion.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 12, 2010
I wasn't expecting this recipe to taste as good as it did! We used plain boneless pork chops instead of pork tenderloin and left out the water chestnuts. Really yummy!~ Theresa