Cranberry Pork Chops with Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- CRANBERRY RICE:
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, seasoned salt and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. In a small bowl, combine cranberry sauce and vinegar; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add rice and cranberries. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Serve pork chops with sauce and rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 636 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 981mg sodium, 98g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein.
Feb 18, 2013
I made this for supper tonight , it was quick and easy to make but I didn't care much for the flavor. (or lack of flavor maybe)I prefer the Easy Cranberry Chicken recipe that is also on this web site. It takes a bit more time and effort to make but is well worth it.
Jan 16, 2011
Jan 13, 2010
The calories are coming from the cranberry sauce, dried cranberries, and rice. Decrease the dried cranberries in the rice (and use unsweetened ones), then serve only 1/3 cup (a usual serving of rice on nutritional exchanges). One-third cup of the sauce is more than many would want, so cutting back on that to 1/4 of a cup or perhaps 3 Tablespoons, would also help. The 2 Tablespoons of oil could also be reduced greatly by using a non-stick pan with cooking spray and/or a very minimum of oil.
Jan 13, 2010
Is there a healthier way to cook this? I'm watching my waistline and cutting back on calories. (Baked?)
Oct 6, 2009
Made this several times--easy and love it.
Jan 26, 2009
This was a big hit for my family. Easy to make and it tasted wonderful! Would make an easy fancy meal for company!
Jan 8, 2009
This was excellent but yes sweet. Very easy. Will definitely make again.
Nov 21, 2008
It might be because the cranbery sauce is probably loaded with sugar. For a healthier take, I used half the amount of sauce and replaced dried cranberries with fresh cranberries - tasted amazing!
Oct 19, 2008
Can this be right? 98 g of carbs for this recipe?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.