Cranberry Popcorn Bars
Between work and home, I eat popcorn every day. Our company makes old-fashioned stovetop poppers. We're in the heart of popcorn country and are always trying new popcorn varieties and seasonings. These snack bars are crisp and tangy.—Wabash Valley Farms, Steve Dold, Monon, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, cook and stir marshmallows and butter over low heat until smooth. Stir in the cranberries, walnuts, orange zest and salt.
- Pour over popcorn and toss to coat. Press into a greased 11x7-in. pan. Cool. Cut into bars with a serrated knife.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 170 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 21, 2012
My 3 yr old son helped me make these, and we all really like them. The salty, sweet, tangy combination of flavors is great.
May 29, 2009
My family loves these and they are so easy. We like taking them on camping trips