Cranberry Plus Relish
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 cups (1 pound) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 4 oranges, peeled, sectioned and seeded
- 2 cups sugar (add less for tart taste)
- 1 apple, unpeeled, cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) undrained crushed pineapple
- Chop cranberries in a food processor, then add oranges and chop. Add remaining ingredients; pulse for several seconds to blend. Chill several hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 72 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 18g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Nov 28, 2019
Great flavor! I would recommend using less than 1 cup of sugar. I put in 1 cup and thought it was too sweet. I think you could do 3 oranges instead of 4. This recipe makes a lot!
Nov 26, 2014
I just made this for Thanksgiving Day tomorrow. I had to adjust the measurements because there will be only four of us. Other than that, the only thing that I did different was to use fresh pineapple. Boy, did this turn out great. My husband wants me to use this recipe from now on. I suggest that you use really great tasting fruit such as Gala or Honey Crisp apples and sweet, juicy oranges. I had fresh pineapple on hand so I used that and it was already very sweet to begin with.
Nov 13, 2011
been making this for quite a few years now, everyone loves it!