These cranberry-studded truffles are rich, creamy and encrusted with pistachios. They’re a favorite indulgence during the holidays. —Michael Jones, Yorktwon, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 10 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shelled pistachios
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cranberry sauce and cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm enough to shape.
- Combine confectioner's sugar and cocoa. Shape truffle mixture into 1-in. balls. Roll in cocoa mixture, then in pistachios. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 truffle: 72 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Pistachio Cranberry Chocolate Truffles in Country Woman Christmas 2012
Feb 17, 2018
Love these truffles - could not believe it would be so good with the cranberry sauce, had to cut up a few of the berries but it was worth the effort - simply delicious and the pistachios are a huge bonus