Cranberry-Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies
Total TimePrep: 40 min.+ chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups dried cranberries, divided
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios, divided
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup white baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and orange zest. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in 1 cup cranberries and 3/4 cup pistachios.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press a deep indentation in center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Bake until edges are light brown, 9-11 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over baking chips; stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate, covered, until thickened.
- Spoon cream mixture onto cookies; sprinkle with remaining pistachios and cranberries. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Freeze option: Freeze undecorated cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw cookies in covered containers; decorate as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 101 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 19, 2015
easy to make, but just so so in taste. cranberry-pistachio combination is a little off. white chocolate does manage to bind the two flavors together.
Dec 26, 2013
Very good and very simple to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.