Cranberry-Pistachio Cookie Cups
If you're looking for something special to add to your holiday dessert tray, try these little shortbread-like cups. They're easy to make and have a delightful fruit-and-nut center.—Betty B. Claycomb, Alverton, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar and orange peel until light and fluffy. Add flour; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, confectioners' sugar and butter. Stir in pistachios and cranberries. Shape dough into 24 balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups. Spoon filling into cups.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 116 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Cranberry Pistachio Cookie Cups in Country Woman Christmas 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.