Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons coarse sugar
- Place cranberries in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pistachios and cranberries with liquid.
- Divide dough into three portions. On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 1-1/2-in. rectangle. Brush egg over rectangles and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 6-8 minutes on each side or until edges are browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 93 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 10, 2012
Light and crunchy but rather tasteless. Would not make again
Nov 6, 2012
Directions direct to cover cranberries with water for 5 min. then drain. Later we're told to add the cranberries with liquid. Which is correct?