Cranberry-Pineapple Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (6 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- In a large skillet, cook pork in oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reaches 160°. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving juice and 3/4 cup pineapple (save remaining pineapple for another use).
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in pineapple juice and reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the butter, cranberries and reserved pineapple. Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 536 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Dec 25, 2015
I really enjoyed this quick and easy dinner for Christmas Eve before my traditional all-night gift wrapping. The only change I made was to add the entire can of pineapple. I served it with the Walnut Rice from the same issue.
Sep 10, 2013
This was very quick easy and DELICIOUS! I didn't use sugar since the pineapple and dried cranberries were sweet enough. I used a little less butter, which gave the sauce a light buttery taste. I also used greek olive oil rather than canola oil to cook pork chops. Was delicious!!!
Dec 12, 2012
Absolutely delicious! Flavorful, easy to make, and can't get enough of it once I start to eat. (Look at the review from 2009...the person gave it one star and meant to give it five; don't let the lower rating scare you away.)
Mar 15, 2009
This was really great! My family really liked it and for once, I didn't have to make a special run to the store for the ingredients!