- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (6 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- In a large skillet, cook pork in oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reaches 160°. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving juice and 3/4 cup pineapple (save remaining pineapple for another use).
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in pineapple juice and reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the butter, cranberries and reserved pineapple. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCranberry-Pineapple Pork Chops
"Absolutely delicious! Flavorful, easy to make, and can't get enough of it once I start to eat. (Look at the review from 2009...the person gave it one star and meant to give it five; don't let the lower rating scare you away.)"
"This was really great! My family really liked it and for once, I didn't have to make a special run to the store for the ingredients!"