- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, beat the eggs, orange juice, vanilla and orange peel. Add to flour mixture along with cranberries and pecans. Stir just until moistened.
- Pat dough into a 6-1/2-in. circle on a greased baking sheet. Combine egg white and water; brush over dough. Cut into eight wedges (do not separate). Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Pecan Scones
"I've made these scones several times. My family loves them - not too sweet, just the right amount of flakiness, and nice blend of flavors. We dust them with cinnamon sugar just before eating."
"These scones were very pretty served with a dusting of confectioners sugar. The texture was a bit too dry and crumbly."