Cranberry Pecan Salad
We harvest close to 500,000 pounds of pecans on our land here in West Texas. So, of course, I use pecans in many recipes. This tasty, colorful salad is great for holiday gatherings.—Janice Rogers, Odessa, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 2 oranges, peeled, sectioned and diced
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberries, celery, oranges, pineapple with liquid, orange zest, sugar, lemon juice and salt. Chill until partially set. Stir in pecans. Pour into 8-cup mold. Chill until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 132 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Pecan Salad in Taste of Home December/January 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.