Cranberry-Pecan Pound Cake
With crunchy pecans and sweet-tart cranberries, this pound cake is a seasonal delight. Try it not only after dinner, but also for breakfast or brunch. —Lisa Varner, Greenville, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and orange zest; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 459 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry-Pecan Cream Cheese Pound Cake in Country Woman Christmas 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.