Cranberry-Pecan Holiday Cheese Ball
Cheese balls can be made in advance and people love the variety. This one makes a wonderful holiday gift or hostess gift. To use as a spread, omit the 1 cup of pecans and 1/2 cup cranberries used to coat the ball. —Donna Marie Ryan, Topsfield, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) white shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1-1/3 cups chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 1 cup dried cranberries, divided
- Assorted crackers
- Beat cheddar cheese, cream cheese, butter and mustard until blended. Fold in 1/3 cup pecans and 1/2 cup dried cranberries. Spread remaining pecans and dried cranberries in an even layer on a 12x12-in. piece of plastic; place cheese mixture on top of cranberry mixture. Bring corners of plastic up over cheese ball and shape into a ball. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator 10 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers.
Originally published as Cranberry Pecan Holiday Cheese Ball in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017