Cranberry-Pecan Holiday Cheese Ball
Cheese balls can be made in advance and people love the variety. This one makes a wonderful holiday gift or hostess gift. To use as a spread, omit the 1 cup of pecans and 1/2 cup cranberries used to coat the ball. —Donna Marie Ryan, Topsfield, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) white shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1-1/3 cups chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 1 cup dried cranberries, divided
- Assorted crackers
- Beat cheddar cheese, cream cheese, butter and mustard until blended. Fold in 1/3 cup pecans and 1/2 cup dried cranberries. Spread remaining pecans and dried cranberries in an even layer on a 12x12-in. piece of plastic; place cheese mixture on top of cranberry mixture. Bring corners of plastic up over cheese ball and shape into a ball. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator 10 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers.
Originally published as Cranberry Pecan Holiday Cheese Ball in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.