Cranberry-Pecan Corn Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 1-3/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, egg, oil and honey. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 185 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 19, 2014
I wanted to make this recipe but had no yogurt so I used sour cream, I also added some fresh grated orange rind.....yummy!
Nov 17, 2014
Haven't made yet, but want to comment anyways.....it does sound good,and I may try it.....but why not try " DILL PICKLE SOUP" to go with it ? Someone just sent me this recipe and I think it is very interesting......have had deep fried dill pickles....to me not all that, but I have heard from a lot of people they love it.....so is a preference.......probably just like this soup.....so if anyone has made this soup, can you please let us know what you think about it ? Thanks
Dec 10, 2010
We love this
Feb 25, 2010
Everyone loves these. I did make minor adjustment reducing the corn meal to 3/4 cup and increasing all purpose flour to 1 3/4 cup. It was a little too grainy otherwise.
Nov 26, 2009
Dry and bland. Awful
Nov 20, 2009
Even my kids loved these!
Oct 13, 2009
I made these delicious muffins and took them to a Chili Cook-Off as a "side." They were a hit! Very tasty, moist and the cranberries and nuts really gave the corn muffin a tangy taste and nice texture. I will definitely bake them again!! Nancy S. from Larue, Texas