- 1/3 cup apricot nectar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3 medium ripe pears, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- For dressing, in a large bowl, whisk together the first six ingredients; set aside. In a heavy small skillet, melt sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add walnuts; stir to coat. Remove from the heat.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, pears and cranberries. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with nuts and blue cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCranberry-Pear Tossed Salad
"Question: Do pears turn brown after being cut in much the same as apple turn brown?This looks like a good salad. Can it be made ahead?"
"I have made this a multiple of times for formal dinners as well as BBQ's. It's always a huge hit. Highly recommend!!!"
"This salad was a hit at my house. We loved the addition of the pears even though we use pears that are not ripe as we prefer them that way. The dressing is refreshing and adds the perfect tartness."