- 1/3 cup apricot nectar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3 medium ripe pears, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- For dressing, in a bowl, whisk together the first six ingredients; set aside. In a heavy skillet, melt sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add walnuts; stir to coat. Remove from the heat. n a large salad bowl, combine greens, pears and cranberries. Drizzle with dressing. Add nuts and blue cheese; toss. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCranberry-Pear Tossed Salad
"Question: Do pears turn brown after being cut in much the same as apple turn brown?This looks like a good salad. Can it be made ahead?"
"I have made this a multiple of times for formal dinners as well as BBQ's. It's always a huge hit. Highly recommend!!!"
"This salad was a hit at my house. We loved the addition of the pears even though we use pears that are not ripe as we prefer them that way. The dressing is refreshing and adds the perfect tartness."