Cranberry-Pear Tart with Hazelnut Topping
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Roll pastry into a 13-in. circle on a lightly floured surface. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- Combine the cranberries, pears, hazelnuts, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and vanilla in a large bowl; transfer to crust. Dot with butter.
- Place tart pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is hot and bubbly and crust is golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Stir liqueur into whipped topping; serve with tart.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 24, 2013
The great flavor combinations plus the crunchy walnuts makes for a very satisfying dessert. However, mine was very soupy so I will add 1 or 2 Tablespoons of flour next time. And there WILL BE a next time!