Our family came up with this recipe when we decided to add something new to our traditional Thanksgiving menu. Now this tasty dressing has become a standard dish on our holiday table. —Juanita Haugen, Pleasanton, California
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups chopped ripe pears
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- In a small saucepan, saute celery in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the stuffing cubes, cranberries, pears, pecans, parsley, poultry seasoning and pepper. Add the broth, egg substitute and celery mixture; toss until combined.
- Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Pear Stuffing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p116