Cranberry-Pear Cookie Cups
I bake cream cheese cookie dough in miniature muffin tins to form little cups that hold a ginger-spiced fruit filling. They’re fun for winter potlucks and are just the right size. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup grated peeled fresh pears
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pistachios, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the flour, oats and ginger. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine filling ingredients. Shape dough into 24 balls. With floured fingers, press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Spoon filling into cups.
- Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool.