Cranberry Pear Compote
"While simmering apples in brown sugar and cinnamon, I decided to add a ripe pear and a few cranberries to the mix," says Linda James of Greenfield, Wisconsin. "The result was a thick, tangy-sweet sauce that's terrific over frozen yogurt."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium pear, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until the berries pop and sauce thickens, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve warmed or chilled. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 85 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Cranberry Pear Compote in Light & Tasty October/November 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.