- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large pear, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the pear, cranberries and orange peel.
- Transfer to a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray and dusted with flour. Combine brown sugar and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCranberry-Pear Coffee Cake
"Made with apples instead of pears; delicious!"
"Pears are one of my favorite fruits, so finding this recipe being **diabetic friendly** will suit me to a tee. Look fwd. to making AND sharing recipe. Thank You!"
"Made it today. great recipe! Very easy to make. Moist, not excessively sweet, and my family loved it! even my very picky 4 year old got to help and even ate a piece! Love this recipe!"