- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups chopped peeled ripe pears
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 teaspoons 2% milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans, cranberries and apple pie spice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream just until combined. Fold in pears.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with half of the pecan mixture; top with remaining batter and pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk the glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Pear Cake
"Have been **eyeing** this cake for few weeks now. Let me ask, is it really necessary to peel the pears, or can they be diced finely to avoid the extra step? Thank you to those who reply."