Dinner guests will be impressed with the interesting pairing of fruit in this lovely tart. I think you'll agree it tastes too good to share!
Recommended: The 75 Best Ways to Enjoy Farmer's Market Peaches
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 cups frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Press pastry into an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom or press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the peaches, cranberries, sugar, flour, nutmeg and salt. Pour into crust.
- For topping, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly, covering loosely with foil during the last 20 minutes of baking. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Peach Tart in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p96